Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Saturday & Sunday

May 31st & June 1st

The weekend flew by! We were so busy that I can't even remember half the things we did, so I'll just summarize. 

Saturday - we woke up, Justin made us pancakes and then we rushed out of the house to Lowes. The only reason we were rushing was to try and get there and back before Colleen's nap. I somehow have us on a very rigid schedule. I've tried to be more flexible, but Colleen loses it if things aren't in order. This is both good & bad. Good in that we have a routine and I can pretty much guess down to the second when a meltdown is coming or when she needs milk. Bad in that life doesn't go as planned and when our schedule is thrown off, she gets CRAZY!

So I tried rushing us through Lowes. Justin wants an automatic nail gun for Father's Day, so we checked those out.


Not impressed with these compressors.

When we got home, it was already an hour past nap time. So I tried getting her down for a nap quickly. Unfortunately our neighbor stopped by, delaying the process. I don't want to complain too much because our neighbor came over to discuss cutting down some trees that are technically on our property, but overhang onto theirs. She's willing to split the cost, which is beyond nice. So for $895 we are getting four trees cut down that we would have had to take care of anyway because they sit right where we want to put our future driveway and garage. 

At this point, Colleen was insane. So We let her burn off energy in her crib. When she doesn't want to nap she talks to herself and this talking almost always leads to her snoozing. So after 45 mins, she finally fell asleep.

This messed up our afternoon, but that was ok. We still managed to get to a place called Imajine That! It's not far from Justin's mom, so she met up with us.

I both loved and hated this place. I hated it because everyone raves about it, so I had high expectations. I was bummed that it wasn't as great as everyone made it seem. It was small, didn't have much for Colleen's age and just overall seemed kind of dirty. At one point she put a toy in her mouth and I wanted to puke because I get the feeling they don't wash the toys often.

I loved it because it was nice to have some family time and I absolutely love watching Colleen learn. She is such an observer and likes to watch everyone and everything for a bit before she feels comfortable. Seeing her play with different toys is also very cute because I feel like I can really see how her little brain works.

She was verrrry unsure of the place at first, so dada gave her lots of reassuring hugs and kisses.


Playing with a felt board. I think I may make/get her one for our house.

She ended up playing with these dolls a lot. I might try to get her these as well.


Her absolute favorite thing was this infant bouncer seat. We couldn't stop laughing. The place had a lot of toys and THIS is what she wanted to play with!

That night Justin fed Colleen and put her to bed whe I ran errands and got my mother-in-law a birthday gift. I hit up homegoods and found this:

 
A jumbo wine glass! I was soooo tempted to get it because Sue loves wine. I ended up getting her some nice planters and some garden accessories.


Sunday - I woke up at 6:30 and went grocery shopping. Seriously. I'm trying this new thing where I grocery shop once a month. I want to write a full post about it to create a better plan because Sunday was the first time I tried this and my grocery list was so long that I actually had to go back to the store a few hours later and finish! The good thing is that my house is now full of delicious & healthy food, we have no excuse not to cook, and now all I need to get each week is milk and fruit which should take 20 minutes. I think overall this will save a lot of time and hassle and I won't have to deal with wrangling a toddler while I try to decide between regular or whole wheat pasta!

Grocery shopping took up most of my day, so I didn't get much else done. 

That night we went out to dinner for Sue's birthday. We went to our favorite (and very kid friendly) restaurant - The Loft. It was just Sue, Justin, Colleen and me, but it was still a really nice time. 


Playing with Grammie's sunglasses.


Getting comfortable.

We got home and I pretty much passed out. It was a very busy and fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment