Saturday, May 31, 2014

Wednesday, Thursday & Friday goodness!

The past few days have been BUSY!

On Wednesday, my niece Laura came over to watch Colleen so I could get some stuff done. Even though they are technically cousins, Laura is more like an Aunt to her and I know they're going to have a good relationship. 


Here they are hanging out a gift Laura got Colleen for her birthday. After two months of it sitting in the box, we decided it was time to put it together. You really shouldn't rush these things. 


And here's Colleen showing off how she stands!

I was glad Laura was able to help because I got soooo much done! And my dining room chairs arrived, so it was nice to be able to take the time to get them unwrapped and set up. 


Here they are set up. I got them from Serenaandlily.com and am sooo happy with them. I had been looking for these exact chairs and was getting really discouraged because most were $400+. These were about $220 each, but I found a coupon code online and was able to get $270 off, which means I basically got one for free. They weren't cheap, but they're indoor/outdoor chairs and therefore very versatile. And seeing as most other ones I found were either sold out or $400, I'm really pleased with the deal I got.

On Thursday I took Colleen to the library story hour. 


She was super focused on the stories. This was the last one for a while, so I need to find another activity for her soon.

Thursday afternoon Grammie stopped by for lunch and to watch Colleen so I could get more done. I cleared out a lot of the boxes in our bedroom which was nice. We also had our handyman stop by and change the locks, clean the gutters and set up my rain barrel!


Beautiful! I ned to get a flat rock or some sort of platform to make it more even. But I'm looking forward to having a nice rainstorm soon so I can get the barrel filled!


Love this picture even though it's blurry. Colleen loves her Grammie!

Friday I woke up and was exhausted, but I pulled it together and got us out the door and up to NH to visit my mom.


Colleen and nana!

We headed to Concord and ran a bunch of errands. For not having a real nap or lunch, Colleen did really well.

Last night Justin, Colleen and I spent some time together on our deck and it was so nice! Love just hanging out as a family!


Hanging out in her chair.


Taking a ride on Dada's shoulders!

Overall it was a fun, although VERY busy, three days. And the iceing on the cake is that I did most of this with cabbage leaves in my bra. It sounds totally weird, but my milk was not drying up. By Thursday my breasts were very sore and I was starting to feel like I was developing mastitis. This was a trick a bunch of my mom friends suggested and it seems to have worked! I still feel a little full, but I'm not in as much pain. Hopefully I'll be all dried up in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment