Monday, May 19, 2014

Poop Monday

Today started with a lot of poop and is ending with one tired mama.

The day started like normal. Got to sleep until 7:15am while Justin took care of Colleen before work. Then I got up, had coffee, made breakfast and got Colleen dressed. It was beautiful weather out, so I decided to go for a little walk. 

As I was getting my shoes on, I smelled something. At first I thought it was Colleen, but then I picked up Clemmy and I knew right away something wasn't right. She had poop all over her tail. And then a vague memory from breakfast came back to me. As I was feeding Colleen, she came up to one of the baby gates and meowed. I ignored it because I was so focused on feeding my girl. Turns out the door to the closet where we keep her kitty litter got shut. We have yet to install a cat door, so much of this morning's fiasco can be blamed squarely on Justin and me. 

Long story short, I found where the cat ended up going - Colleen's infant car seat that we had tossed in the living room (aka 'the temporary junk room'). I felt so bad and don't blame Clemmy. It was still really disgusting and I tried for about 5 seconds to save the car seat but knew it was hopeless and ended up calling it a loss and tossing it in the trash. I'm kind of emotional about this. I have so many memories of Colleen in that car seat and would have loved to use it for any future kids. So RIP infant car seat. You survived 11 months of Colleen spitting up and pooping all over you, but your run-in with the cat just proved to be too much. May you rest in baby gear heaven.

After throwing the car seat away, Colleen dediced she wanted in on the action and had the worst diaper ever. At that point I was so tired of cleaning up poop that I got Colleen in the stroller and ran out the door and went for a walk.

I'm so glad I did! The weather was PERFECT. Proof:


Not too hot with a warm breeze. 

After the walk I felt refreshed and like I could take on any shit (pun intended) that was thrown at me!

The rest of the day was much more relaxing. I did some yard work, ran to the grocery store and bathed Colleen.


After her bath she kept smiling. Bath time is her favorite!


She really enjoys sitting in baskets. Even when they're too small and full of ceramic tissue holders and hand towels.
 
Grampy goes back to Florida tomorrow, so we all went out to dinner. It was Grammie, Grampy, Brendan, Donna Taylor and then Jus, Colleen and me.


Here she is at Grammie's house before dinner. That dress is from baby gap and was a gift. We got it about 8 months ago, but this is the first time she's worn it. Oops. She's just not really a dress girl and I don't like her knees to be bare when she's crawling around. So I just put some leggings underneath it and now it's a really cute tunic! I've done this with a few other dresses and it works out well. I also feel like it helps me get more mileage out of her clothes!

We went to the Loft in North Andover for dinner. It's one of our favorite places!


Colleen started getting restless half way through, but we all entertained her and ended up having a really nice time!


Talking with Mimi Donna. 


Hanging with Grampy and Uncle Brendan.


Selfie.


Funny girl.

We got home about an hour ago, got Colleen to bed and did some dishes/laundry. I think Justin and I are both beat. So I'm very thankful that Mother Nature decided to make it rain so that we wouldn't have to set up the sprinkler for our newly seeded patch of dirt out front. Let's pray for rain for the next few days!


No comments:

Post a Comment