It started at 3:00am when Colleen decided to wake up. Usually I let her cry it out for 10-15 and see if she'll fall back asleep, but after 5 minutes I knew that wasn't going to happen. I think her very full diaper woke her. I have no idea how to fix this diaper issue. Last night we even put her in an overnight diaper my cousin gave us to try. It held, but I think Colleen just really hates the feeling of a wet and full diaper. Guess it's time to try something else!
I was exhausted when I woke up, but managed to get through breakfast and was cleaning up when I heard a terrible crash. Five seconds later came the loudest cry/wail from Colleen. We have this metal pole to open/close our skylights and the stupid thing fell and hit her on her head.
At first I thought it was just another boo-boo. But after 10 minutes I knew this was something more. She cried for an hour straight and when I finally got her to calm down all she wanted to do was cuddle into my neck. This is when I really started to worry because if you know our girl at all then you know she does not cuddle. Ever. We're lucky if we can get her to sit still for 5 seconds. So I called the doctor and they got her in right away.
She's ok. They think she may have a slight concussion, but I'm actually not that worried because after she took her nap she woke up like nothing happened and was back to her usual self. Still very scary and I will most definitely be keeping a close eye on her over the next few days!
She felt better after eating some of her apple cinnamon sticks.
Girl is obsessed with the bath! Here she is trying to climb in!
After lunch I decided getting out and about would be best, so we headed to Bed Bath & Beyond. I picked up a dust buster (finally!) and a sponge caddy for the sink. Colleen seemed to really enjoy herself and was so cute in the store. Every old lady stopped us and told me how cute she was. Colleen was good and smiled at everyone.
Justin was home fielding work calls when we got back. Poor guy is dealing with some crap at work. It's times like this I wish I could help with business stuff more, but then I remember that we'd probably kill each other. So instead we went for a family drive. Colleen fell asleep right away, which was good because the doctor said to let her get as much rest as possible.
The best part of the drive was when Justin and I started brain storming ideas for the addition and renovation we hope to complete on our house someday. We both seem to have similar ideas and are on the same page. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these kind of conversations with Justin. I love how the conversation flows easily and we both really listen to the each other. Justin can kind of be a quiet guy, so I always enjoy hearing his thoughts and ideas.
We're so excited about our ideas, that we're even sketching out some possibilities.
Here's Justin drawing out some of his ideas.
One significant thing about today: I did not breast feed Colleen for the first time ever. Every day for the past 400+ days I have breast fed. I'm officially done and I'm feeling a lot of emotions! I'm both excited and relieved to be done, but also really sad. She's relied on my body for 23 months now and I've loved nurturing her. I wanted to give up so many times, but always pushed through because I knew it was best for her. I know stopping is what's best now. I will always cherish all the moments we've had the past 14 months, especially the early days and the late nights. My girl is officially growing up and I can't believe it!



No comments:
Post a Comment