Monday, May 26, 2014

Terrible Friday, fun Saturday, busy Sunday & nice Monday.

This weekend was crazy busy! 

Friday was terrible. I woke up with a really intense migraine that would not go away. I think Colleen could sense something wasn't right with me, because she was (mostly) well behaved. Her tooth seems to be bothering her less and less, so she's starting to seem like her old self again. So she played with her toys quietly and really enjoyed watching tv. We don't have cable and the tv is rarely on during the day. So it was a real treat for her and it was pretty cute to see her sit so quietly during some of the shows.

Thankfully, Justin was home by 1:30pm. His schedule is always all over the place and that can be terrible, but also pretty fantastic. On Friday it was FANTASTIC!!

I still had a headache when I woke up Saturday, but I sucked it up and we headed to the beach house! It was a busy day because we had to bring up the crib we bought at Ikea a few weeks ago, wait for the new mattresses to be delivered and celebrate our cousin's 1st birthday! Little Alex actually turned 1 last week, but was in Florida so we had a mini get together to help celebrate.


We somehow managed to fit a huge Crib box & mattress in our car. Look at that cutie in the mirror!


Colleen and Alex up to no good.


Opening gifts. The house was full of chaos with 5 adults, 2 kids and 2 dogs but I loved it so much!


Not a bad view for the day!


It was a fun and tiring day! The minute after we got in the car, Colleen fell asleep.  We got home and had dinner and just relaxed.

Still had a headache on Sunday, but it went away quickly once I got up and had coffee.

I've been feeling kind of crummy about my body lately so I decided to stop feeling bad for myself and do something about it and go to the gym. I had an incredible workout and felt so good afterwards! I really need to start going more often. 

After the gym, I fed Colleen lunch and got us ready to go out while Justin mowed the yard. Colleen is growing quickly and was in need of clothes, so while Justin did yard work, C and I headed to the outlets in Maine.

Carter's and Osh Kosh were having a huge sale and even had 20% off sale items. I always do well when they have these sales and scored $531 worth of clothes for only $147! I purposely bought bigger sizes so Colleen could grown into them and we could get more bang for our buck.


Our bounty with a funny girl. 


In Osh Kosh. Colleen usually hates hats, but loved this one! Too bad they didn't have one in her size!

We got home and Justin was working on installing the cat door to the basement. Colleen loved watching him work.


Making sure Dada does a good job.

The most exciting moment of the day was when Colleen decided to stand up on her own. When she saw how excited we got, she kept standing up and smiling like she was so proud of herself. I was sooooo proud of her! I also feel relieved that she's showing some progress with standing/walking on her own.


A sneaky photo I took of her standing! She's so cute!

We ended our Sunday by discovering that our strawberry plant had some strawberries turning red.


I didn't have much hope for this plant, but maybe we'll get a few tasty strawberries from it after all!

This morning we woke up exhausted, head-achy, back-achy and overall just feeling yucky. But I didn't want to waste what was forecasted to be a beautiful day. So we somehow got it together.


Justin stretched his back while Colleen practiced standing.


Then Colleen did some yoga. Here's her downward dog.

At the beach house we met up with family and Colleen and her cousin got to hang out again. 


Trying to break free!


Not a bad place to eat lunch!

After lunch, we let the babies get dirty in the sand. They had a lot of fun and I loved watching them play.



I couldn't get a good shot of Colleen's face ( she was concentrating really hard), but here's a cute one of our cousin Jen (Alex's mom) with the two kids.

It was a little too cold for bathing suits, so we just let them dirty up their clothes and hosed them down afterward.


Here they are pushing the stroller around while not wearing any clothes!


And then Colleen decided to sit in the dirty bucket everyone rinses their feet in. 

Overall it was a great day! I love making memories and am so thankful Colleen will have so many good ones!


No comments:

Post a Comment