I had a 5:30am wake up call thanks to a freakin' bird. I almost killed it. I seriously laid it bed thinking of ways I could murder it without having to move from my comfy bed too much.
Colleen woke up at 6:00 and we said our goodbyes to Grampy who flew back to Florida today. It was a nice week and he was a BIG help. I'm going to miss being able to make quick trips to the store without a toddler.
Colleen has a bottom molar coming in so she was C-R-A-Z-Y today. I knew I had to keep us busy as much as possible so after breakfast, I went for a walk.
So glad I did as it was another beautiful morning!
Normally Colleen loves our walks, but she was so restless. So I did our usual route and then got her home and down for a nap.
The afternoon proved to be just as fun as the morning, so after lunch I got us ready and headed out.
We went to Target and then Homegoods. Colleen has a short patience limit in stores. She doesn't like sitting in the front part and would rather crawl/walk around than be strapped in. I have a few techniques I use to keep her busy, but none seemed to work today. So this is how I made it through Homegoods:
This thing was actually pretty cool and if I had a bigger deck, I would have totally wanted it. But at $1500, I was perfectly happy to just let it act as a temporary play pen for my girl.
I did buy some nice things totaling about $80. I always feel guilty and get buyers remorse because I hate spending money, but we needed some household things.
Here are a few of the things I got:
Some placemats & green vase (which I'm sure will travel around the house)
These super cute note cards. I think having these on hand is always a good idea. I actually have some thank you notes I need to send to two of our new neighbors, so these will be put to use right away.
I also got a gift for our cousin who turned 1 this week and a few kitchen items.
And I picked up these pillows from Target. They were $30 total, but worth it. I LOVE how our back deck is shaping up. It's starting to feel really cozy.
I wish the rest of our day was more low key, but we got home and Colleen was still in maniac mode. I fed her dinner and tried to play some games with her. But all she wanted to do was climb up the couch.
Here she is in action. She just learned how to do this and now it's all she wants to do. There will be no rest for mama the next few days.
The day ended with a nice big bite on my upper arm from Colleen. I feel bad because I know she's teething. But she bites a lot and I'm starting to get concerned that she'll bite another kid or cat or something.
Justin got home around 5:30pm, so he helped me get her to bed. Now I'm just relaxing and watching tv.
Here's to hoping that tooth pops through and Colleen gets a little relief from teething!










No comments:
Post a Comment