My day started at 6:30 when Colleen woke up and proceeded to wet through her diaper and all up her front. This resulted in an emergency bath. She LOVES the bath. She does not love getting out of the bath, so we had quite the hissy fit and a fussy girl for the next few hours. Breakfast and a morning nap fixed that.
Usually, Colleen naps for 1.5-2 hours in the morning. Today it was about 30 minutes. I had all of these plans and a list of things to do, but only got through 1 item. I made my lunch for the week. It's pasta, kalamata olives and tomatoes.
I used to get this from a small Italian cafe in Boston when I worked there. I've been meaning to recreate it for a while, but just kept forgetting. I've been looking for meals I can make for the week and that are fairly healthy and possibly vegan. I ate some for lunch today and it was delicious!
While I made my pasta and Colleen mini-napped, Justin and his dad went to the dump and finally got rid of our old shower doors and a bunch of other junk. It cost him $12 because the dump charges per pound. But the shower doors had been sitting on our deck for a few weeks now, so I probably would have paid $100 to see them go.
With Colleen waking earlier than usual, I decided we might as well try and hit up the farmer's market before lunch. I LOVE downtown Newburyport and am so excited to live here. We've just begun exploring our new town, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to explore a little more.
Here she is all ready for the farmer's market. I parked downtown and only had a short walk. When I started to approach the tents I was so excited. There were a lot of tents and live music! I immediately had dreams of zucchini, carrots, strawberries!
Then I started walking around and quickly found that it was more craft fair than farmer's market. There wasexactly 1 stall selling vegetables. But it was mostly just potatoes and I'm well stocked with those, so I left empty handed. I'm not giving up hope on this farmer's market. I just think it's too early in the season. I'm going to try again next month and see if there are better offerings then.
It was beautiful weather out, so I decided to go for a quick stroll along the boardwalk area.
Notice Colleen's feet. She's too much!
I headed home to feed Colleen lunch. While I fed her, Justin cut the grass. Our lawn is kind of terrible and needs a lot of help. Mowing made some areas look better, and some worse. We will definitely need to invest some time and money down the road to make it the lush green space I envision.
The best moment of the day happened after lunch. We decided to let Colleen take the new grass for a test run.
Here's Grampy helping Colleen take a few steps. She actually walked quite a bit (as long as she could hold onto one of us with a death grip). This makes me soooo happy and excited! She's almost 14 months and I was starting to get worried I'd have to call early intervention. But lately she's been showing more interest in walking, so I'm just going to let her go at her own pace and see how she progresses.
Grampy watched Colleen so Justin and I could make a quick run to Hone Depot. That quick run turned into a $400 shopping excursion. It's very rare that Justin and I can go shopping without a toddler being a crazy maniac in the front of the shopping cart, so we really took advantage of it and bought everything we were planning to buy this summer.
Some of our bounty. That's a compost bin on the right. Huzzah!
When we got home, Grampy & Colleen were on the verge of passing out. C's 30 minute nap wasn't enough to get her through the day, so I put her down for an afternoon nap and she slept for 2 hours! Afternoon naps have become a rare thing lately, so we took full advantage of this one.
Colleen was still napping, so I helped Justin clear the deck so he could power wash it. Here's a little 'before' to show how gross it was:
Someone woke from her nap and was really interested in what Dada was doing.
The rest of the night has been low-key. We ate dinner, put Colleen to bed and now I'm relaxing and watching the 'Amazing Race' finale.
We only have one more day with Grampy. I think Colleen is going to miss him.
They're best buddies. I think Colleen loves him because he puts up with her antics. He thinks she's perfect and I can only imagine that someday when she wants something and I say 'no', she'll just call Grampy and ask for it.
One more thing. I definitely think Colleen is going through a growth spurt. She has been eating and drinking A LOT! We've struggled so much the past few weeks with getting her to drink enough milk and today she drank over 25 ounces! I'm so thankful for this. It's nice to have a little break from the constant milk struggle.











No comments:
Post a Comment