I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night, so I was really exhausted and worried about how the day would go when I woke up. But I got us up, dressed and out the door by 9:30am.
We went to story time at the library in our old town. I used to bring Colleen every week, but with moving and the chaos of life we hadn't been in several months.
We had such a good time! I forgot how much Colleen loved it and it was really great to see her actually participate (she used to just sit there). It was also nice to see her interact with kids her own age. The problem with being a stay at home mom is that she doesn't get the regular interaction with her peers that a daycare would provide. So I was really happy to see her share toys with another little girl and very relieved that she didn't bite or pinch any of them. I really need to get us involved with more programs like this. I think she would benefit from it a lot.
It was also a really nice morning for me as two women that I knew from the Breastfeeding group were there. I forgot how nice it was to talk to moms who are going through the same thing as me. I really miss the breast feeding group and the regular adult interaction it provided.
Here are a few photos from the library group:
Mesmerized by Ms. Claire, the librarian. It was funny to see how she blossomed after being there for 10 mins. She was very shy at first, but once she relaxed she was miss social!
The rest of the day went by very quickly! We got home around 11:00 and Colleen was starting to lose it. Naptime is usually at 10:00, so she was exhausted. She napped from 11:00-12:45. During this time I ate lunch and had a nice phone call with my sister, Lorraine.
I was worried that the day was going to go downhill when Colleen woke up because she was very fussy. She wet through her diaper and I think that made her feel yucky. This keeps happening and I need to figure something out. Do they make super absorbency diapers? Should I double up? Should I put a swim diaper on her?
Lunch helped her relax. Then we waited around for a home inspector for our house insurance. Thankfully he was early and the whole process was very quick. So I got Colleen ready and we headed out into the rain to go grocery shopping.
Here she is admiring some fruit.
I had a lot of people stop and compliment her coat. That was a $50 coat that I got for $15! Money well spent because she wears it all the time.
The rest of the afternoon was low key and fairly relaxing. Colleen and I just played together while we waited for dada to get home.
Love her face!
For dinner I made beef florentine. I wish I could say I made it from scratch, but the grocery store had them all made so all I had to do was pop it into the oven.
Beef florentine, rice pilaf and a salad.
Justin LOVED this meal. And it was super easy. We have a take-out addiction, so I'm always looking for meals that are easy, healthy and will make us think twice before we order that next pizza!






No comments:
Post a Comment